Tony Little Scholarship
Finance Plan for Different Programmes
The programme selected by successful applicants determines the amount of scholarship they will be eligible for. The scholarship consists of the basic expenses the students will incur during their chosen programme.
Internship Programme (Summer)
For the duration of this programme, students will spend 2-weeks in Shanghai working with financial companies. All the basic expenses for students’ time in Shanghai will be covered (host families and meals are arranged). The only expense incurred by students will be their flight ticket and travel insurance. Each student will be allocated approximately 10,000 RMB, and the money will be paid to relevant parties.
Exchange Programme (Winter)
During the exchange programme, students will spend two and a half weeks in Shanghai, China. 10 days of this programme will be spent studying with WLSA Fudan students, and 4 days of sightseeing in this exciting city. All the basic expenses in Shanghai will be covered (host families and meals are arranged). The only expense incurred by students will be their flight ticket and travel insurance.
Semester Abroad Programme (Fall, Winter)
Students will spend 3 months in Shanghai, studying at WLSA Fudan Academy. Students are immersed into a new culture and experience the everyday life of a secondary student in Shanghai. The only expense incurred by students will be their flight ticket and travel insurance. Housing will be arranged, and students will be given a monthly allowance of 2,800 RMB. Expenses incurred outside the allowance are the responsibility of the student.
WLSA Student Conference (Summer)
Students will be given the opportunity to attend the WLSA Student Conference in July. The Student Conference brings WLSA associate school students from around the world together to learn and grow through workshops, cultural experiences, sports, community engagement and much, much more! The conference fee and boarding fee will be covered. In students expressing strong financial support, discussion of covering airfare is an option.
In order to qualify, students should meet the following requirements:
• Attend a WLSA associate school
• Between the ages of 14-17 during time of application
• Excel in academia (i.e. in the top 10% at school or indicates a steady improvement in grades during their school career)
• Possess strong leadership qualities or participate in community outreach
• Express financial need through written statement, in some cases proof of income may apply
• Be a rising freshman, sophomore, or junior (senior class students are not applicable)
• A completed application click to download
• Official school transcripts for the past two years
• Two letters of reference from academic staff
• Statement of financial need
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a Skype interview.