WLSA Essay and Photo Competition
The WLSA Photo Essay Competition is part of the WLSA Student Exchange Programmes. All student participants are welcome to submit one photo and an accompanying essay that reflects their experience in their host country.
The theme of the 2017 Student Exchange is ‘An Interconnected World: Bridging Cultural Differences,’ and the student participants are the storytellers. A strong photo essay uses an image and words that help the reader to understand what it feels like to move outside your comfort zone.
We encourage our host schools to help mentor the students on their Photo Essay and encourage them to be present throughout the experience and journal while they are at their host school.
The winning participant will be featured in the Winter WLSA Record 2017.
- Each essay should consist of one image
- Each essay should be 500-600 words in length
- Everything should be the student's own unique work
- Entry Deadline: April 1st, 2017
- The winner will be published in our WLSA Academic Record